Now that we have entered the first quarter of 2018, it is no secret that a few new trends will be making it to the top this year. It is not too late to kick start the year by revamping your SEO strategies and integrating the following SEO trends that can give a boost to your search engine ranking:
1. Rise of Search Engine Result Page (SERP) – Many web operators would assume that organic ranking is the key to acquiring traffic to your website. In the recent months, SERP features, like featured snippets, local packs, and quick answer box, are attracting more attention and clicks from organic listings. With the latest developments of SERP, monitor your ranking when using these features and track which of your keywords will show up using the SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker. This tool can help you monitor 15 Google SERP features, including the organic results.
2. Voice Search – Voice intent is comprised of 20 percent of search content in 2017. However, the use of voice assistants, like Siri, OK Google, Cortana, and Alexa, is believed to become increasingly more popular this year due to the unique way of searching and processing information. Undoubtedly, voice search technology will greatly influence SEO strategies and campaigns.
3. Visual Search – The use of images and videos will be on the rise this year. Because visual content can easily capture the interest of the audience, SEO strategies will focus more on visualizing the content to provide an interactive approach to your target audience.
4. Mobile-First Indexing – If they haven’t already, businesses need to realize the importance of mobile-friendly websites as a significant ranking factor in 2018. In fact, BrightEdge study showed that 57 percent of online traffic comes from mobile phones and tablets. Mobile-friendly sites have better chances of ranking in search engines than sites that are accessible only with a desktop or laptop.
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) – Although it was introduced by Google in 2015, AMP will continue to rise this year. This mobile-enhancement technology is designed to provide and ensure smooth user experience by improving the loading speed of web pages.
6. Linkless Backlink – For many years, links have been widely used as both ranking and trust signal in SEO; but since SEO is constantly evolving and improving, linkless mentions may become an off-page signal of the same weight. Mentioning the brands can be easily associated with SEO and can be used to figure out the authority of the website.
7. Update and Republish Old Content – People are constantly looking for interesting and relevant information online which can help them gain new knowledge and solutions to their problems. Updating and republishing old content is among the trends that help boost organic website traffic.