Having rats in your home can be extremely distressing to most homeowners. These pesky rodents can cause structural damage and expose your family to serious health issues.
If you are offering rat removal services, your top priority is to optimise the website for search engines in order to attract your target customers. Using local SEO helps get your prospective clients in your geographical area find you easily on the search engine when they search for rat removal services. Optimising your business for local SEO helps maximise the potential to bringing in a constant stream of customers to your business.
Here is a short list of effective local SEO tips to attract more customers to your website:
● Create a profile for local business directory listings. Having a profile in various local business directory listings is extremely crucial because it helps ensure that business will show up top on search queries, maps, and Google+ when customers type in the keyword related to your market.
● Use relevant keywords. Keywords are essential in ranking your website and bringing in potential customers. However, choose keywords relevant to your industry and type of business. To increase your visibility on the search engine, make sure to incorporate appropriate keywords in each of your web pages. It is also a good idea to localize keywords. If you offer rat removal services in East York, for example, adding “East York” to key words like “rat removal” will boost your local SEO rank, ensuring that your website is among the first users in the area can view.
● Engage with customers on social media. Interaction with your clients is a great way to attract more customers. Potential clients may want to know about the extent of your services, how much it costs, how long rat removal will take, among others. Replying to comments and answering inquiries promptly will mark your business as helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Positive interaction begets positive impression. Your current customers will speak highly about your business and recommend your rat removal services to their friends and family.
● Create high quality content. Content does not only rank your website higher in the search engine and increase conversion, it also helps attract more customers to your website. Additionally, well-written and highly informational content helps build the trust of your readers. Writing content, for example, about rats, their habits, and the prevention of infestation will also establish your expertise within the community.
● Optimise for mobile. Four out of five customers are using mobile devices to shop for products and/or services, and 70 percent of these mobile searches lead to an action within an hour. If your website is not optimised for mobile devices, then you are losing a lot of opportunities.
● Encourage customers to leave feedback. According to Moz’s 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors, online customer feedback plays a crucial role on how Google ranks your business. Additionally, potential customers will read other customer’s feedback before deciding whether to trust your business or not.
● Promote your business through social media. Although this SEO strategy does not have a direct impact on your business’ search ranking, it is extremely helpful in driving more potential customers to your website. People usually click social media links to your website to learn about certain things. Link articles from your blog or feature discounts and promos (if any) on your social media page so your clients are up-to-date on the latest news regarding your business. This will help Google discover and index your web pages more quickly.