A few decades ago, people usually turn to telephone directories when seeking professional plumbing services to fix leaky pipes or clogged drains and toilets. These days, we use Google to search for a plumbing company near us. This is known as online search; customers basically input what they are looking for, along with their location and wait for the search engine to find them a match.
A great way for plumbing companies to benefit from these online searches is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). However, they may require the professional assistance of an SEO company in employing and implementing proven SEO strategies that will help boost their website rankings, attract more customers, and ensure high ROI.
1. Keywords to Drive Business – One of the first steps to take in boosting search engine ranking is choosing the relevant keywords for your plumbing services. Keyword selection requires thorough consideration and research to ensure that they are the ones used by your target customers when searching for plumbing services. After gathering the keywords, you need to strategically insert them in the right places in your content: title tags, URL, meta-description, write-ups, and images.
2. Optimizing Google My Business – Creating a Google My Business profile is a crucial part of your SEO strategy. This popular online local business directory is a great way to introduce your company to people searching for plumbing services in Ontario. In order for customers to easily contact you, provide complete information in your profile, such as the business name, address, and phone number.
3. Mobile-Friendly Website – The number of mobile users has been on the rise since the dawn of mobile devices. Customers searching for plumbing services use their smartphones or tablets instead of their laptop. In fact, mobile-friendly websites are more likely to rank higher than websites that cater only to laptop or desktop devices. By making your site accessible to mobile phones, you will attract more customers.
4. Content – Grab the attention of your readers and spark the interest of your target customers by providing them with high quality content that is also both engaging and relevant. It should also be fresh, unique, and original as Google penalizes plagiarized copy. Incorporating SEO into your content is a smart and effective way to reach your target customers both locally and globally.
5. Building Links – Although the landscape of SEO is constantly changing, it is a bad idea to underestimate the importance and power of building high-quality links. Inbound links can be considered as votes to your website. The more high-quality links there are pointing to your website, the more likely potential customers will be trusting your brand. However, understand that Google does not give too much importance on the number of links but to the quality. This means backlinks from authority sites or trusted ones.